The next version of ChartDirector, version 7, will come in spring to summer 2021.
Below please find some images showing the new chart types and features in ChartDirector. It includes:
- Treemap charts
- Discrete heat maps
- Circular bar meters/guages
- New surface chart features
- 4D charts
- Surface projections
- Custom surface lines, zones and images
- Surface Chart Tooltips
- Contour cross section and tooltips. It also demostrates coloring an XYChart (the cross section charts) using a contour layer color axis.
- Multi-color line chart
- Scalable bitmap output (useful for High DPI support, and high resolution printing usage)
- Multi-Page PDF output (allows user to generate simple PDF reports without a separate PDF library)
- Big Data support - charts with 100M points updated in realtime, with zooming/scrolling and track cursors
- CDML support in tooltips. This allows tooltips with icons, complex text formatting, semi-transparent background, etc..
The final list of features in the release will be announced when the version 7 is finished. But as all those screenshots are made from the development version, we are confident, they will be included in the final product. You have a few days left to get a license with OmegaBundle or directly from us.